In my previous post What’s All the Hype About Clarisonic?, I summarized Clarisonic’s reported benefits of their Sonic Skin Cleansing System, as well as their different models, brush heads, and prices. In today’s post, I am sharing my personal opinion about using Clarisonic Mia 2. I chose this mid-range model ($149) because it has 2 speeds and I like the option of having a low speed. The kit I bought from Beauty Store Depot included:
- Clarisonic Mia 2
- Universal voltage charger
- Sensitive brush head
- 1 oz trial size cleanser
- Protective travel case
So how do Clarisonic’s claims hold up?
- Cleanses Better ~ Wow! My skin has never felt so clean in my life! I am kind of grossed out now about unknowingly having dirty “clean” skin for years. Manual cleansing left behind dirt, oil, and makeup trapped in my poor pores, yuck!
- Healthier Looking Skin ~ Years of annoying blackheads seemed to disappear with even the first use of my Clarisonic Mia 2 and my pores looked smaller. I’m not kidding! Biore nose strips could go out of business if sonic cleansing takes off. Blemishes have decreased dramatically, yay!
- Gentle ~ The micro-massage action of the Clarisonic brush is very gentle. I have never felt any skin irritation when using either the low or normal speeds. I have only used the Sensitive brush head so far, so I cannot comment on the other brush heads.
- Prepares Skin For Other Products ~ Another wow! Now my skin soaks up my toner and moisturizer after cleansing because my pores aren’t clogged. I sigh when I think about all those years when the absorption of my serums and moisturizers was hindered by oil and pollutants accumulated on my skin. What a waste! And I’d probably look younger now too! Oh well, c’est la vie….. Better now than never, right?
Would I recommend the Clarisonic Sonic Skin Cleansing System to a friend? Absolutely!
Have you tried a Clarisonic? What do you think about it?